MTN Nigeria recently published its Q1:2019 earnings ahead of the finalisation of its listing by introduction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). Below are highlights of the company’s Q1:2019 performance.
Click here to download the MTN Nigeria Q1:2019 Results.
MTN Nigeria Q1:2019
- Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) improved by 1.1% Y-o-Y to N1,510 in Q1:2019
- Total subscribers increased by 3.6% Y-o-Y to 60.3 million in Q1:2019
- Data subscribers improved by 5.6 million Y-o-Y to 20.4 million in Q1:2019
- Data is the fastest growing segment, with a revenue share of 26.0%
- MTN Nigeria is the undisputed leader with market share by subscribers and value of 39.0% and 50.0% respectively
- Revenue increased by 13.2% Y-o-Y to N282.0bn in Q1:2019, driven by voice (74.9%), data (16.6%), Fintech (2.9%) and Digital (1.0%) revenues. Other sources accounted for 4.5%.
- EBITDA Margin improved to 53.3% in Q1:2019 from 41.8% in Q1:2018
- PAT increased to N48.4bn in Q1:2019 from N32.2bn in Q1:2018, translating to a PAT margin of 17.2%
- Effective Dividend pay-out is 80.0%
- MTN Group plans to issue commercial paper worth an estimated N200.0bn in 2019
- 47m new mobile subscribers expected by 2023, with mobile penetration estimated at 91.8% for Nigeria
- Smartphone penetration is expected to increase to 95.0% in 2023 from 47.0% in 2018
- Low data penetration and 4G coverage presents opportunities for data revenue growth
- Low level of banking penetration is expected to support Fintech revenue
Update on NSE Listing by Introduction
MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN) announced on the 24th April 2019 that it had completed its conversion from a private company to a public liability company (Plc). The conversion is a legal requirement for MTN’s listing by introduction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). In addition, MTN announced the successful completion of the registration of 20,354,513,050 (20.35 billion) ordinary shares of N0.02 each with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on 8th May 2019. We expect the listing by introduction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to be completed in the first half of 2019.
For brokerage transaction on the MTN Nigeria Plc deal, contact:
Adedoyin Allen: email@example.com 08097783100
Bolaji Fajenyo: firstname.lastname@example.org 08121759032