Entries are now opened for Nigeria’s first Automotive Design Challenge by the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC). But you must be between 18 to 40 years, and a Nigerian.
Entries close November 21, 2019.
The aim of the challenge, conceived to be an annual event, is to open up opportunities for Nigerian youths to showcase their creative abilities and talents; and support and guide these talents to develop the country’s automotive sector.
The NADDC is an arm of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment established by Act No. 6 of 2014 primarily to initiate, recommend, supervise and regulate policies and programmes for locally manufactured vehicles and components. The council designs and implements policies, programmes and strategies for an effective, competitive and diversified private sector led industrialisation process in the automotive industry.
“This is the perfect opportunity for those talented Nigerians out there to be part of that dynamic future in the Nigerian automotive and transportation sector,” said Director General, NADDC, Mr. Jelani Aliyu, an automotive designer himself globally recognised as the inventor of the Chevy Volt (Chevrolet Volt).
The 2019 Automotive Design Challenge is focusing on designs around mini-taxis and mini tractors.
How and Where to apply
Entries for the contest will be through the following online platforms:
Facebook @naddc design challenge
Entries in two categories
Entries for the contest are in two categories: The design of Nigeria Applicable Intra-City Mini Taxi and cost-effective Mini Tractor.
How to Enter The National Automotive Design and Development Council – NADDC’s Design Challenge
● All entries must be online
● Log on the NADDC Automotive Design Challenge Website: www.naddcdesignchallenge.com
● Click on the ‘How to Enter’ Button
● Fill out all the necessary information on the form
● Upload Design in any of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, etc.
● File size must not be more than 500 kb.
● Incomplete entry forms are subject to disqualification.
● Falsification of information would lead to disqualification.
Who can participate?
The challenge is targeted at:
● Talented Nigerian artist (Arts, Environmental Design, Engineering courses etc) and the art aficionado.
● Freelance and artisanal artistes across Nigeria.
● The Challenge opens on 21st October 2019. All entries must be submitted on or before 5th December 2019.
● NADDC Automotive Design
Challenge is open only to Nigerians, resident in Nigeria between the ages of 18
● Employees of NADDC, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, agents, representatives, advertising, promotional or judging agencies and their immediate family members as well as those living in the same household, or persons working on this project are not eligible to participate.
● By participating you agree to be bound by the Rules and Procedures of this challenge and by the decisions of the NADDC Design Judges, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.
● For the entries to be valid, participants must include personal information in the data/information forms provided and must fulfill all requirements in the rules and procedures as well as entry forms.