Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, today in Abuja, virtually commissioned seven completed projects located across five geo-political zones of the country.
The projects are designed round government’s digital economy agenda in pursuit of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS).
The projects are:
- Emergency Communication Center, Enugu, Enugu State;
- Digital Economy Center, Imo State Polytechnic, Omuma, Imo State;
- Digital Economy Center, Ojodu Grammar School, Ojodu, Lagos State.
- Digital Economy Center, Garki Sec School, Abuja, FCT;
- IT Hub, ATBU Bauchi, Bauchi State;
- Emergency Communication Center, Abeokuta, Ogun State; and
- Digital Economy Center, Dutse, Jigawa State.
Implemented by agencies under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, the minister said the projects are the ninth to be commissioned in the series of the NDEPS projects – all of which are geared towards achieving the President Muhammadu Buhari’s blueprint for rapid economic development, security and fight against corruption.
His words: “The ICT parks of the digital economy centres are more inclined to Economic Development and secondly they are also in line to fighting corruption.
“The emergency communication centres are part of government agenda to fight insecurity through activating emergency numbers in cases of emergencies.”
According to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, Mr. Festus Dauda, the centres will help to close the digital skill gaps and also lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years as desired by the federal government.