The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is inviting entries for its 2021 National Essay Competition for undergraduates. This is contained in a statement signed by Director, Public Affairs, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde. All undergraduates in Nigerian private and public tertiary institutions are eligible to apply. In all, there is one million naira for grabs as cash prizes for the best three winning entries.
This year’s edition, the third in the series, will focus on Fifth Generation (5G) technology with the following objectives:
- Increase awareness on 5G Technology.
- Engage and enhance research.
- Encourage academic competition & excellence.
- Build capacity of undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- All undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions (Private & Public).
- All participants are expected to register their personal details in the form provided for download on the NCC website, signed by their Deans as genuine Nigerian Undergraduates.
- All Essays will be subjected to plagiarism checks.
- Winners will be invited by the Committee members to defend their essays by way of presentation. Candidates that cannot successfully defend their submissions will be disqualified.
All entries will be assessed based on the following:
- Essay should contain a maximum of 1,000 words and a minimum of 500 words on the topic.
- Essay must have an abstract, introduction, main body and conclusion.
- Essay must be referenced.
- Essay will go through a rigorous selection process and scrutinised based on content, grammar and structure.
- All essays must be submitted to the NCC in PDF format with all necessary attachments.
- 1ST PRIZE – Laptop, Printer and Cash Prize of N500,000
- 2ND PRIZE – Cash Prize of N300,000
- 3RD PRIZE – Cash Prize of N200,000
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
- The deadline for submission of all entries is Friday, July 30, 2021.
- Winning essays will be announced on Monday, September 13, 2021.
Entries should be sent to the following email: [email protected] and Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/Nigerian.communications.commission.
For further enquiries, please contact 234-9-4617000 or 234-9-4617153.