Certain entrepreneurs are so innovative and forward-thinking, their ideas and creations have a monumental and lasting impact on the world.
Interested in business personalities, MoneyTransfers.com analysed the latest data from online analytics tool Buzzsumo to establish which entrepreneurs in the world have been the most publicised online in the past year (September 2020 – August 2021).
The Analysis of the Results for the Research:
MoneyTransfers.com found that Elon Musk is in number one spot, as there were an estimated 340,957 online articles written about the Tesla and Space X maverick from September 2020 to August 2021 – the equivalent of 28,413 online articles per month!
Jeff Bezos is in second position, approximately 142,862 online articles were published about the founder of the e-commerce giant Amazon between September 2020 to August 2021.
In third place is Bill Gates, an estimated 84,262 online articles were written about the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation from September 2020 to August 2021.
Warren Buffett (45,168), Mark Zuckerberg (39,047) and Richard Branson (37,144) are among the other renowned entrepreneurs that had over 35,000 online articles centred around them between September 2020 to August 2021, respectively ranking fourth, fifth and sixth.
At the other end in 10th position is the supremely intelligent Sundar Pichai, the current CEO of Google and Alphabet Inc had 10,838 online articles dedicated to him from September 2020 to August 2021.
The Methodology for the Research:
- MoneyTransfers.com identified from a range of reputable online resources (such as Forbes, Bloomberg etc.) some of the biggest entrepreneurs in the world in terms of reputation and wealth.
- Once a comprehensive list of entrepreneurs was drawn up (the list was in excess of 300 entrepreneurs), MoneyTransfers.com inserted each included entrepreneur’s name into the Buzzsumo database to identify how many articles were published about that respective entrepreneur.
- September 2020 to August 2021 was used because it represents a 12-month period for conclusive analysis and August 2021 was the last available month for the latest online data/results published by Buzzsumo.
- Once the number of online articles published (from September 2020 to August 2021) for each analysed entrepreneur was established, they were ranked from highest to lowest based on the number of online articles published about them, with the top 10 entrepreneurs being included in the final results/data table.
- MoneyTransfers.com did take into account the different ways in which online articles are published, with some articles opting to use only the surname of an entrepreneur in their article or an abbreviated version of an entrepreneur’s name in their article e.g. ‘Elon Musk’, ‘Musk’ and ‘E Musk’ (all variations of the same name).
- The figures for the number of online articles published for each entrepreneur in the top 10 list are all estimates/approximates and accounts for online articles from around the world published from September 2020 to August 2021.