The new Ookla’s Q3 Market Report on the state of Nigeria’s mobile and fixed networks shows Airtel has overtaken MTN for the highest Consistency Score on mobile during Q3 2021 at 89.4% to MTN’s 82.7%
RELATED P/Harcourt Beats Lagos; Airtel Beats MTN In Download Speed – New Internet Performance Report By Ookla
The report also indicates that iPhone 12 Pro Max is the most popular phones among telecom consumers in Nigeria.
According to Ookla, the results are based on data from Speedtest.
- For the third quarter in a row, mobile provider Airtel had the fastest Speed Score in Nigeria at 33.43 during Q3 2021, a slight increase from 28.82 during Q2 2021.
- Airtel overtook MTN for the highest Consistency Score on mobile during Q3 2021 at 89.4% to MTN’s 82.7%.
- Fixed broadband provider ipNX had the best Speed Score (21.66) and Consistency Score (40.2%) in Nigeria during Q3 2021.
- The iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G was the fastest popular device in Nigeria during Q3 2021, achieving a mean download speed of 41.94 Mbps.
- Kano took the top spot among Nigeria’s most populous cities for fastest mean mobile download speed at 24.76 Mbps during Q3 2021.
You can access the report: